BY SARAH PIKE ON 15 MAR 2016
If our favorite tips to upping your home’s curb appeal leave you wanting more, be sure to attempt these bonus ideas for the ultimate curb appeal style on the block:
- Upgrade your mailbox. Install a new mailbox for under $100, or spray paint your existing mailbox.
- Plant a tree. Make sure you know how large the tree will grow first, but planting a tree adds to your curb appeal for as low as $20.
- Build a tree bench. Already have a tree you love in your front yard? Build a wraparound tree bench. Great for napping, picnicking, or just hiding exposed roots, a tree bench will just cost what you spend on boards and screws.
- Install flower boxes. For around $20 each, flower boxes are a quick way to add some life and color to your house windows. If you don’t want to worry about installing flower boxes, try out a container garden in pots by your front porch.
- Hide eyesores. Place a small lattice fence or side of paneling around your air conditioner to avoid an appliance eyesore, and hide your trash bins behind a small fence or by building a garbage can shed. You can also hide your hose in a pot or storage bench.